Open Your Toys Cast – Episode 027: BLACK FRIDAY 2009

I am sitting here so uncomfortably stuffed it’s not even funny. My only reprieve from the discomfort is knowing that we won’t be standing in a line out in the cold waiting for a store to open, fighting the hordes of deal hungry soccer moms or standing in yet another line for hours just to procure our small piece of the American dream. Don’t get me wrong, we will be shopping tomorrow; there just isn’t anything we HAVE to have. There isn’t even any toy deals we will be taking advantage of, well maybe a few Transformer Deluxes at Target, but that’s probably about it.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving we not only have guests on the show, but we have family. Mrs. McFavorite’s parents join us for our discussion of the "big deals" happening during Black Friday 2009. Even with the lack of great deals and any other segments, we still come in at over an hour. Needless to say we had a few drinks in us which always helps with rants and tangents. If you prefer to just know the deals, check out our 100% ramble free show notes .

Download the .mp3 (1 hour 8 minutes / 31.2 MB)
Follow along with the show notes

Black Friday here we don’t come…Slick

Trackback URL

27 Comments on "Open Your Toys Cast – Episode 027: BLACK FRIDAY 2009"

1. Slick McFavorite
    27/11/2009 at 9:02 pm Permalink

BEST SHOW EVER!,Laughing my ass off & i’m only 31 minutes in.

2. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    28/11/2009 at 6:08 pm Permalink

Thanks jaime. I don’t remember the end, but that has nothing to do with how much I had to drink, no matter what Mrs. McFavorite says.

3. Slick McFavorite
    29/11/2009 at 9:38 pm Permalink

@ Daddy McFavorite, Butt Bang Nasty Nurses?

4. Slick McFavorite
    30/11/2009 at 3:31 am Permalink

Hey Slick’Bar what are the best site’s for the clone wars toy news(yes i know, O.Y.T.C), i just picked up 2 of the Luminara’s & she’s great but were the HELL is Aayla Secura? she was in season 1 was she not? & were still not geting season 2 i don’t think we will. (sad face,& a little pissed)

5. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    30/11/2009 at 4:21 pm Permalink

I pretty much stick with Rebelscum.com and Yakface.com. Rebelscum is a little better as a resource, while Yakface is better with cutting-edge news. Luminara is in 2009 Wave 5 and Aayla is coming in Wave 7, so you don’t have too much more time to wait hopefully. Wave 6 just starting hitting here.

6. Slick McFavorite
    30/11/2009 at 7:48 pm Permalink

Cool, just found a pic of her last night, she look’s good, thank’s Slick’Bar.

7. Slick McFavorite
    01/12/2009 at 1:29 am Permalink

Remember “IT’S A PODCAST”.

8. Slick McFavorite
    Taterx
    02/12/2009 at 9:53 am Permalink

Wow! Dad McFav is off the hook, the inlaws were a hit and must be back soon. Maybe pops can get a degenerate use of toy segment weekly. lmao!

9. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    02/12/2009 at 8:25 pm Permalink

I like the segment idea. I’m sure it would take a awhile for him to exhaust his options.

10. Slick McFavorite
    Jaime
    03/12/2009 at 5:50 pm Permalink

C5 BABY!

11. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    03/12/2009 at 10:43 pm Permalink

H E L L Y E A H !

12. Slick McFavorite
    04/12/2009 at 12:12 am Permalink

Dude, are you guy’s going?

13. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    04/12/2009 at 2:06 am Permalink

And you know this, man! Jesica was threatening not to go unless it was in Orlando and BAM. Thank you Star Wars gods.

14. Slick McFavorite
    04/12/2009 at 2:27 am Permalink

Your wellcome,Slick’Bar.

15. Slick McFavorite
    Mike Burns
    04/12/2009 at 12:57 pm Permalink

Black Friday cast was very goofy. I laughed really hard at Daddy McFavorites forgetting He-Man and going with ” Gay Hercules.” Comedy gold.

Also, I need to make a retraction. I put collecting on hold to finish school. Well, I guess I will still pick up the occasional cool TF. I sorta feel like I can go without comics over my TF’s. I better graduate soon!

16. Slick McFavorite
    Mike Burns
    04/12/2009 at 12:59 pm Permalink

Crap, I also wanted to mention that Pabst Blue Ribbon is like being in a canoe. They are both close to water.lol.

Peace and Love,

17. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    05/12/2009 at 10:18 pm Permalink

I agree, “Gay Hercules” is officially a classic. We are now dedicated to Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers and Gay Hercules.

Just keep collecting, whether it be comics, Transformers or life experiences. Passion is not measured in quantity, it’s measured in fun. So long as you are having fun, passion will follow.

Lastly, I started drinking PBR because the two big domestics are too watered down (i.e. Bud and Coors, excluding Coors Extra Gold [CEG]). Granted the taste, relative to other better brews, has a lot to be desired. As much as I love great beer, PBR is still $15.99 per 30-pack here.

Yay cheap beer!…Slick

18. Slick McFavorite
    06/12/2009 at 8:44 pm Permalink

WHAT? Gay Hercules? so i gess i’ll have to start buying “Gay Hercules” fig’s.

19. Slick McFavorite
    Mike Burns
    07/12/2009 at 6:47 am Permalink

There is always the worst beer ever made, Natural Ice. ugh. I think it’s like a case for 7 or 8.

I also agree that just being involved in the fandom and checking the pegs for new figs. Listening to podcasts, getting the kids involved that is fun and what our hobby delivers on. It was very cool on Friday, I purchased my first ever WST on line, picked up my son some deluxe’s from a Wal-Mart sale and even got my 3 year-old little girl a Fast Action Battle Desert BumbleBee, cause she “wuv him so much.”

20. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    08/12/2009 at 3:48 pm Permalink

Good’ole Natty Ice. While I drink PBR, Natty is the cheap choice of my friends. Never got a taste for it myself.

Glad to hear you had a good Black Friday. Mrs. McFavorite have made it a tradition to buy lotsa shit for each other. It’s more like Selfish Friday for us. Also, good see your keeping it in the family. Just remember, when they’re in those formidable years, to like it too much. Kids start to hate/love what their love/hate.

21. Slick McFavorite
    18/12/2009 at 4:16 am Permalink

Ok,this show is like your “TITANIC” ! so the next show will have to be your “AVATAR”……………bring it.

22. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    21/12/2009 at 3:20 am Permalink

We will try our best. However, we will not have been working on it for 15 years or ripping it off of a small time unknown sci-fi author. Bazinga!

23. Slick McFavorite
    Jaime ?
    23/12/2009 at 4:23 am Permalink

Dude you gott’a tell us what your talk’in about!( & Happy X-mass)

24. Slick McFavorite
    23/12/2009 at 9:01 pm Permalink

Dude, what the Frack?,& i gess this is it………………….X-mass 2009 Best wisher’s to you & miss Jes & the Dog’s hope it’s a safe one, all the best from your brother from down under, give my best to mom’a & daddy McFavorite.

25. Slick McFavorite
    25/12/2009 at 5:21 pm Permalink

Happy X-mass day guy’s, it’s the day after down here (Boxing Day),hopeing you both a great day.

26. Slick McFavorite
    Slick McFavorite
    26/12/2009 at 3:09 am Permalink

Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry we have been on and off the grid this last week. Always crazy with my birthday so close to Christmas. New cast will be recorded this weekend and hopefully out by Monday.

A very Merry Christmas to you jaime. Hope you got everything you wanted. My comment about Avatar was in regard to a story stating the Cameron ripped of the story for a 50’s alien novel. Here’s the link: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/10/is_avatar_ripping_off_a_50s_sci-fi_story_probably.php

27. Slick McFavorite
    30/12/2009 at 12:22 am Permalink

Thank’s Slick’Bar, i’ll take a look.

Hi Stranger, leave a comment: