About the podcast
Kick It With Us
What are we drinking?
- Slag-a-con: Promo Video
- MOTUC Accessory Teaser
- Exclusive Lego Tin
- G.I. Joe Kre-O (display and press release)
- Exclusive Skeletor Power Sword Letter Opener
- Star Wars Angry Birds
- Hasbro Transformers Panel (Press Pics)
- Matty Panel
- Clamp Champ – Has 200x-style back pack and small hand clamp. Armor is brand new not reused Fitso armor
- NA He-Man – Quarterly variant. Ball-jointed wrist can hold the sword aloft
- Castle Grayskull (video and pics)
- Meter (at ~50% currently)
- pre-orders open 10-16 through 11-12
- Not including torture rack or playmat right now
- Handle is removable
- Blueprints (dimensions)
- Original Castle goes up to the eyeballs
- Extra pie piece has a holder for the Wind Raider
- Jedi Temple Archive’s Talk with Hasbro
- Naboo Fighter is out, look to online retailers
- Toy Fair announcement should bring collectors back into the fold
- No Mando Shuttle
- Spider Darth Maul coming in realistic-style. Not sure how.
- Takara Tomy Generations
- 2013 Star Wars Lego Sets (2013 Planet Series)
- Arms Micron Leo Prime, Rumble and Frenzy and Wildrider (G1 Wildrider)
- MOTUC Q and A
- Matty should know what figures are gone for good after the 2013 after their holiday sales are over, quite are few are already gone for good.
- Mattel is fine with part reuse for one of kind figures. Legal may get involved when product are mass produced using Mattel scultping.
- New Star Wars Movie Heroes Wave 4 Official Pics
- Takara Tomy Super GTs
Fan Made Projects
- Jaime Doll Store Report: Well Star Wars, until this week there has not been much at all but after months I found some new figures but at my supermarket. WTF you say? Me too, but the prices are not good at $16.99ea! Also the Star Wars Fighter Pods series 2 have just popped up for $5 a bag. Picked up a Star Wars Lego Yoda Figure Key Chain/LED Key Light’ for $12.99 but that’s it guys. It’s still dry but some is better than none, right? Thanks McFavorites and be sure to ‘Like’ Jaime’s Star Wars Stuff”
- GDO Leaders Coming to TRU?
- GDO Voyagers in Store and Online
- TF Prime First Editions (online)
In The Ads
New Items and Pre-Orders
Sales and Promos
What I Got
Featured Custom: Extinction ($2200)
Toy Review: Maurader Gun Runners
Listener Feedback and Questions
- AliasAngelAlias: How invested are you with Transformers, would you buy MP-10B Black Convoy, MP-15 Rumble and Ravage, MP-16 Frenzy and Buzzsaw set? and what is MrsMcFav feeling towards the Encore Fortress Maximus $330 toy if SlickMcFav want to add this into his collection? Lastly, do you buy or support those expensive third party Transformers such as IGear, FansProject and TFC? (example: WB003 Warbot Assaulter)
- John Solo: Just discovered the show on a random search for toy podcasts on iTunes. I’ve gotten a little burnt out on all the comedy interview shows, so I’ve been listening to many toys/geek podcasts lately and yours is one of the better ones. I instantly liked the Mrs. when she said she was drinking Blue Moon Pumpkin harvest. I had recently bought the same thing — a 24 bottle pack! — without first tasting it and was unpleasantly surprised on how strong it was. Three weeks later, I still have 11 left and am determined to drink them all before Halloween. She also awesomely used the word “ReCockulous” which is a classic Adam Carolla-ism — who I’m also a big fan of. As for Slick, despite having a slight lisp and repeatedly using the non-word “supposably” (it’s supposedly), he is very informative and entertaining. I have mad respect for anyone who knows that much about toys and I appreciate shows like yours that make my hobby (aka obsession) seem not so abnormal.
Which brings me to my question. I limit my Transformer collection to the basics. G1, Beast Wars/Machines, Animated, Prime & the live-action movies. If the character didn’t make it on the TV or Silver Screen, I don’t give a shit about him. So, do you consider Armada/Cybertron/Energon a worthy source of collecting or bullshit, like I do? And….please explain G2. Are they just ugly repaints of G1 characters? I was always under the impression they were retooled G1 characters like the tank-version Megatron. I’m sure I could do some web research, but I’m lazy and I’d rather hear you explain it in some greater-than-Wikipedia detail.
- Roger the Toygoon: G.I. Joe Field Manual is black and white because back then they had to fax those images back and forth to Japan with a list of the colors that they wanted to have them colored in so we are getting those original images in the book.