About the podcast
Kick It With Us
What are we drinking?
- SDCC – July 18-21: Badge Sales, February 16th 9 am PST
- Botcon – June 27-30 in San Diego: 1st figure, Hoist (original)
- Joecon – April 4-7 in Indianapolis: Brochure, Registration Delayed, Exclusives, Carded Iceberg, Unpainted head sculpts, Guests
- Celebration Europe II – July 26-28 in Messe Essen, Germany: Warwick Davis HostingSurvey, VIP Packages
- NYTF – February 10-13: At least 1 fan favorite MOTUC reveal
- Denver Comic Con – May 31-June 2: Guests
- Star Wars Black Series
- Transformers Construct-Bots
- Cornboy wants to see your favorite Filmation artifacts
- Darth Vader packaging confirmed
- Possible Hasbro MP Soundwave and Acidstorm
- TCW line done?
- Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus prototype?
- MOTUC Q and A
- Matty in the works to do more with the Create-a-Characters entries
- Final info on NA He-Man accessories at NYTF
- Using gray because bright white tends to look unfinished
- Looking into flying stands for beasts
- Toy Fair UK Star Wars info
- Walmart’s deletion list
- TFCC FSS delayed
- John Kent Licenses Robo Force
Fan Made Projects
New Items and Pre-Orders
Sales and Promos
What I Got
Featured Custom: MOTU M.U.S.C.L.E.
Toy Review: Lego 30059 Polybag MTT
Listener Feedback and Questions
- T2RX6: Homage
AliasAngelAlias: Can you guys talk about the process of making Open Your Toys Cast show? Do you collect all the info from toy-news sites and then create the show notes to go by as being recorded? This is such an undertaking effort and we’re very appreciated the hard work and dedication you both did!
Thanks for reading Bruce’s letter. It really is a moving letter. I don’t even know Bruce and I was still move by his writing.
Inclosing, I wonder what happen when the both of you gets very hammer and then do this show together. XD Would love to hear at least one show like this in the future
Regarding to John Solo question, about the bent cardbacks of the figures. I think I know why they bent the cardbacks on those hard to find figures. They are probably mad because they paid $35-$45 online for Darth Malgus and now see it on the wild… and you’re about to score it at retail for just $9.99 (Just an assumption). Hey Star Wars is a neutral gender toy now!
Bruticus: It took me two parts of the day to listen to the show… 8 Hours in the morning and 3 more hours at night. Time flies when your having fun though!
Quake Wave is AWESOME. If you think about it, Shockwave was the one character whose adaptations and interpretations have always looked awesome. Even his Action-Master version was totally cool looking. He was one of those figures that made your collection go up a notch. I never had him as a child, but I remember the “rich kids” who did have him…
Loved The Chronic in the background…I meant the album, The Chronic. 😉 The intertwining of McBaby Lou Retton bouncing on her bouncy thingie with RBX’s deep, raspy voice, was nothing short of radio gold. Gone are the days of Mrs McFavorite dozing off with the little one right? I guess that holds true to you too Slicky
Homage is like a few of those other words that escape me right now, that you can say either way. (“Ohh”maj) is probably the English way, or the proper way of saying it. Where (“Uhh”mej) is probably the USA’s bastardized way of saying it. (“Huh?”mej) doesn’t exist?
Great show as always…Comicon…I would love to give that a try. The goal of a Botcon, isn’t just to see the toys, but it’s also to set a goal to go somewhere. I’ve been to San Diego, but never to a Comicon…and I think it would be fun babysitting Baby McFavorite while you guys hunt down Seth Green again!
- Toygoon: kreo gijoe is just around the corner . did you pre order any from toys r us ?
- Jef Farnsworth: MTT
- Mantis99’s: I didnt find the swing to be a problem but it was definately audible. I got kids so I’m a bad one to ask though.